Thursday, October 25, 2012

RS Taichi Matrix Overpants

Hey Friends,

My RS Taichi Matrix Overpants came in yesterday, and I got a chance to wear them on the bike to and from work today!  When I ordered them, I asked for a small but the guy at MotoLiberty told me that a medium would be the smallest I should go.  I was hesitant then and I was hesitant when I pulled them out of the box and held them up to myself.  When I put them on, they still seemed too big. However, when I sat on the bike the knee armor was in the right place, which, as the guys at Revzilla stated in a video, is the correct way to judge pant size!

RS Taichi Matrix Overpants
These pants run $150, and they are windproof, waterproof, and somewhat insulated too.  They have hip padding and knee armor (though not as tough as the armor in my 1 piece suit!).  They are made of nylon, so they have a bit of that swishing sound when you walk.  Not a big issue as I don't forsee myself going for strolls in them..off the bike, get inside, take them straight off.

Schoeller Dynatec
They fit well when sitting, and they have Schoeller Dynatec heat resistant material  on the bottom of the legs to resist melting on the exhaust.  They also have nice reflective flaps which you can adjust around your boot to keep cold air out.  Not sure if people will be able to see that reflecting, but I haven't looked down while riding to check which way it was facing.  Since my pants are so long, they can also block the vents at the bottom of my boots which often times let the water in when it rains!

Snazzy Reflective Taichi
They also have adjustable waist straps, and a solid piece of nylon across where the zipper area is, so in case the zipper comes undone in a slide, your lower abdomen won't be ripping across pavement!  I have to wear them up high on my waist, but that is ok for the same reason..in case my jacket gets pulled up, my pants will still be covering my waist and a little north too.  Just to give an idea, I am 5'3" and the medium seems like it would reasonably fit someone who is between 5'3" and perhaps 5'6" or so.  



Out on the bike, they definitely block the wind and keep very warm.  I haven't tested them in cold yet as it's been relatively warm up north, in the low to mid 60's.  I'll follow up when the mercury plummets again.  I will also test it in the rain! The best part is that I don't have that "vulnerable" feeling as I did riding in jeans.  I know I'll have some level of protection - maybe not leather race suit level - but definitely a decent step above jeans.  It is also easier to grip the bike and shift around in the seat!

Ride safe everyone,

Pandabear

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    really this is an amazing post.I saw and read your site.This site is useful to traders.I know that it will help me in my own trading.I think it may be relevant.Thanks......

    Tai Chi Pants

    ReplyDelete