Saturday, October 4, 2014

Update on my bike

Hey friends,

I haven't been riding for a while...2-3 weeks now.  My bike randomly died after swapping the battery again so it confirmed my fear that it has a charging issue.  I finally gave up (and was stuck again) so I called the local shop and they picked up my bike.  So what's wrong??

Voltage regulator, shot.  Stator, shot.  Battery, shot.  Cost..about $500.  Ouchhh.  Apparently there are no aftermarket regulators for this bike (so the shop claims) so they have to get the overpriced, crappy OEM regulator.  This is plaguing the 2009-2012 ZX-6R's.

I'll get the bike back soon, but I am still worried it will die on me again in the future.  I'm not sure how long the new regulator will last.  Hopefully another few years at minimum!

ARGH! Just want to ride again...

- Pandabear

2 comments: