Sunday, September 16, 2012

Wow! Nearly wet myself!

Hey everyone..!

It's been a little while.  I still have a backlog of trips to write about, but today I had a small incident which freaked me out.  So I figured I'd share this first.

I was on my way to Starbucks and was making a 180 degree uphill corner, leaned over but not excessively, brakes untouched, when all of a sudden my rear tired slid out!  I'm not sure if the bike stood up itself or my reaction caused it to stand up, but it wobbled and straightened up in a flash.  I thought for a split second I was going to highside or something.  Fortunately I kept somewhat on the throttle and rode it out.

I was initially really worried and scared, but I had a good chuckle about it afterwards.  It happens, I saved it (actually I think the bike saved itself, I just didn't make things worse), and my pride remains intact!  On returning to the location when leaving, I noticed there wasn't any dirt, oil, paint, water..anything.  My tire just did not grip well enough, or perhaps I overloaded the tire?  There are some things to consider now!

Anyways, three weeks overdue, but I will start writing up my first group ride to the beach, hopefully this evening!  There will be videos and pictures! Woo!

- Pandabear

No comments:

Post a Comment