Thursday, May 2, 2013

Be Safe!

Hey friends,

It must be that time of the year or something, so two warnings from me.  One, be careful riding, and two, protect your bike if you don't live in a low theft area!

The first is obvious, take it easy.  Watch out for crazy drivers.  I dropped my bike THREE times, and I'm upset, but I'm thankful it was just that and no accidents.  Always gear up, no matter what, it'll most likely reduce injuries if you do crash.  I've had two people I know crash within a few days of each other, one via the classic car left turn into the way, and the other washing out in gravel. Both resulted in trips to the hospital.  BE CAREFUL!

The second, in my local riding group, we have already had a rash of bike theft.  It is that time of the year or something, the thieves are in full swing.  I'm fortunate to live in the safest area in the country in terms of motorcycle theft rates, but I still worry sometimes!  Protect your bike, and if you like it, make sure you carry comprehensive insurance because if someone wants it badly enough, they WILL TAKE IT!

Have fun, but stay wary, and please don't push it on the street.  There is too much that can go wrong! I plan on doing my first track day this summer, and that is the place to test your bike!

Rubber side down!

- Pandabear

No comments:

Post a Comment