Thursday, August 6, 2015

Don't get egg-ed on!

Hey friends,

Yesterday I was a bit peeved.  I went out to my bike to ride to work and noticed something weird splattered on my seat.  I tried to wipe it off but it didn't really do anything, so I said whatever!  When I turned to put my key in the ignition, I noticed that someone egged my bike!!! ARGH!

The solitary egg hit my handlebar and clutch lever and splattered ALL OVER.  The fairings, tank, the back of the bulb of the high beam, all down the forks....it was plastered.  I was so shocked and angry, and it seems that my bike was the only target on the street.

Just ranting about how petty people can be.  This is such a cowardly act, and if people do it "for fun," that's just pathetic.  It's starting to make me wonder if the flat tire I got just two weeks ago was vandalism too.

Fortunately, once I came back from work, the hose made short work of cleaning the egg off.  However, it was an unpleasant ride to and from work with the smell of omelette wafting in my face.  I don't like eggs!

I've gotten over it and I've put the bike on the spool stand on my driveway now.  Hopefully no one touches my bike again.

Anyone else have their car or bike egged?  Did you catch them?

- Pandabear

No comments:

Post a Comment