Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Follow-up to the Vulture Impact

Hey friends,

Wanted to post a quick follow-up to the previous post.  While my Arai helmet certainly saved me from much worse injury, I have been feeling pretty poorly since the impact.  Today I was quite dizzy at work, and finally went to the doctor.  I was told that I have a concussion, based on the symptoms that I'm exhibiting.

So I guess I wanted to make it clear that while helmets are extremely important, they aren't 100% guaranteed to protect from impacts.  I want to reiterate though, ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET!

And of course this is my opinion (and I stick by it) and you may disagree, but...full-face helmet or don't ride!  I won't ride in any other type of helmet, period.  Dot or not, those half helmets and such are useless IMO.

Anyways, stay safe everyone.  I'll be getting a new helmet this weekend, maybe a Bell Star if it fits well. We shall see!

- Pandabear

2 comments: