Monday, May 21, 2012

Jog Jog Jog...Snake!!!


Hey friends,

I didn't ride much this weekend as I went on a trip to see one of my college friends.  When I did ride yesterday, it felt great, and I had a weird confidence so I took some turns a little quicker than usual, with no problems. Whipped around corners, and even at a mere 40mph, I felt like I was a MotoGP racer, tucking and leaning!

Anyways, a little story about my trip.  Originally I had planned to ride my bike for 120 mile journey (round trip), but I can easily say that I'm glad I took my car.  Still a nice ride, maybe not as fun as the bike, but after hiking several miles and playing basketball, the car was much easier to make the return trip home.  Keep that in mind when you ride, if you plan on a busy, exhausting trip, you may want to reconsider riding, or perhaps getting some rest first at least.  Riding while drained is probably not a very smart thing to do!  I noticed my attention drifting a bit on the way back.
8c498e4
Waterfall, or maybe just watersplash?
129e29e
Creek trail, an easy return route
Michaux State Forest was one of the places I visited.  It was a pretty large state park with some decent views. At the entrance to the trail was a small waterfall, right near the street.  The roads around there were fairly desolate and calm so the scenic value wasn't ruined too much.  It was a long hike up a rocky hill, though unlike some of the other parks I have visited, it lacked any spectacular views.  There weren't any overlooks, but it was still enjoyable.  I was jogging down the trail a few times to catch up with friends, so it was a great workout too.  While jogging, I got startled when I came upon a...SNAKE!!!

613428e


By the time I recognized what the black thing on the ground was, I had nearly stepped on it.  I then proceeded to jump about 18 feet into the air and screamed like a little girl.  I had no clue whether it was poisonous or not until I turned around from afar, and ogled at it.  Fortunately, it was just a common grass type snake, and he just wanted to continue on his own personal journey, so I snapped a picture and let him continue, as I did the same.  He was about 3-4 feet long.  So long, amigo!

Well, that was my weekend for the most part.  Thought I'd share a little experience I had!  Not quite motorcycle related, but hey, it's still an adventure.  This entire week will have thunderstorms rolling by, but sometime next week I plan on riding down to Hershey Park, land of chocolaty goodness.  I am fortunate to live only 15 miles from candy heaven!  

Stay tuned, and have a great week!

- Pandabear

BTW, if you want to check out other pictures I have taken, head on over to:

I will be posting all new pictures there, so if you are into photography, definitely check out my pictures, as well as ones from other users.  I will admit that I use a cellphone for my photos (5MP) so the quality isn't that great. I do plan on purchasing a nice camera in the future, though I'm not sure when! 

2 comments:

  1. Pretty nice picture for a camera phone. How could you tell that it was just a common snake? i guess the fact that it didn't try to bite you haha.. i decided to play it safe and stand 30 feet from it.

    The Michauex park was a bit underwhelming though. I was hoping for some for some overview of the surrounding lanscapes once we got to the peak, but all we got was a measely ole snake. At least we got a good work out from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yes, it didn't even try to bite, it was a nice snake. Agreed, the park was very underwhelming, great hiking, but no great views like Mt Nittany.
    Thanks for the first comment!

    ReplyDelete