Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Helmet arrived!!

Hey friends,

Today was a great day, I hope it was for you all too!  Work flew by, and I got a call that my helmet and shield came in!  I think the day knew that so it fast forwarded itself.  I left work, raced down the highway, and reached the shop 4 minutes before closing time (I don't condone real racing on the highway btw! Speed limit +/- 5ish mph FTW!).  I arrived home, and the first thing I did was pull my sparkly white Arai helmet out of the box, unwrap my dark smoke visor, and tried to swap the clear visor out.

Twenty minutes later, I FINALLY got the visor in.  They say it's easy..YEAH RIGHT!  It took me about 10 minutes to pop the clear one out, and I thought I was going to break it the whole time.  Then it took 10 minutes and a YouTube video how to put the new visor in!  They say "just pop the levers up and pull it out!"  More like, pop the levers up, worry about breaking said levers off, pull, yank, scream bloody murder, and rip the visor out.  Then gently insert new visor, push, hammer, scream bloody murder again, and click the visor into place..again..all while trying not to break plastic pieces.  Anyways, here is the end result.



My gear:  Arai helmet, Icon jacket, Icon gloves, and leather over the ankle boots.  I hope to get Spidi race boots next, and eventually I will most likely get an RS Taichi 1 piece leather racing suit.  You can never be too careful!  As you can see, I'm really going for this whole Pandabear riding a ninja idea..!

The helmet is comfortable, a little hot when you aren't moving, but once riding, there is plenty of airflow through the numerous vents.  Went for a ride in my gear, and felt much safer, and much more relaxed.  I even cranked my bike up to nearly 30mph for the first time (50 must feel like riding on a rocketship jeez!).  Also nice was my cornering and some smooth starts.  I'm getting the hang of not bucking the bike around..and I'm pretty good at shifting gears.  One thing I want to really mention is how smooth the clutch is, especially when rev matching.  Either I'm a pro, or the clutch is very forgiving.  In my car, if you don't rev match perfectly, you will definitely feel it buck or jolt; Not so on this Ninja 250R!

Well, time for dinner.  As depicted in the picture above, I'm trying to calm my grumbling stomach!  Have a great night friends!

- Pandabear

1 comment:

  1. Hiya! Do you have any writing experience or it is just a completely natural talent of yours? Can't wait to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete