Monday, April 16, 2012

No helmet riding...or should I say flying!

Well friends,

I couldn't bear to look at the bike sitting there so lonely.  It was a very hot April day and I did not neglect my bike.  I turned it on, and let it warm for a minute, though I think it was already pretty toasty!  My helmet has still not come in, so it looks like I won't be housing my head in a helmet until Friday.  So clearly, I was riding without a helmet today..or anything for that matter.  I wanted to try changing gears, and the bike was crisp and quick.  I was doing 15mph through the apartment community, pushing almost 20mph and I really felt like I was blazing down the road!!

Honestly though, without any gear on, I felt very exposed.  I don't think I'm going to ride around again until my helmet arrives.  Even at such a slow speed, it was intimidating.   I've seen many people around here who ride without anything at all.  They must really trust other people to do so..but I surely don't.  Cages are for animals..and most cagers ARE animals!!

Two other things I learned today:  One, on a hill, I need to be quicker with my clutch and throttle.  Maybe I was just a little hesitant about not dropping the bike, but on the road, I definitely need to be quicker.  The second thing is to use turn signals!!  And on top of that, to turn them off!!  I think I rode around for quite a bit with my signal on, I must have looked like a fool! lol

I made all my turns well though, countersteering a bit and normal turning too, bike was sharp as ever!  And at the end of my ride, I noticed I had my first ever passenger..a brave little spider who must have taken up living on my bike.  He even had the nerve to rear up and glare at me when I spotted him!  Don't worry, I didn't squash him, he lives on to brave another day, just like the rest of us!

Have a great week everyone!

-Pandabear

No comments:

Post a Comment