Thursday, August 2, 2012

RS Taichi in the Rain!! River Route Riding!

Hey Friends,

I wish I had a GoPro camera to record my rides!  This past weekend I took a trip up north to visit one of my college friends.  I got to ride along the Susquehanna River on Route 11&15 and it was such a beautiful ride. The river was smooth and blue, with tons of little green islands spotted throughout.  It was warm, slightly breezy, and sunny, perfect weather...until I hit a random storm cloud.  In a matter of seconds the sky was dark and grey, the wind picked up and began blowing me around a bit (alleviated by tucking), and then the downpour began.  I was wearing my RST suit, and it did a great job of actually repelling a little bit of water.  My gloves were soaked again but the suit was decently dry.  Regardless, I pulled into a McDonald's and waited it out.

Once the rain ended, I resumed my ride and entered the countryside to witness beautiful, green, rolling hills and smooth winding roads. It was 70 miles each way, and besides the little bit of rain, it was a very pleasant trip!

Enjoy the rest of the week everyone, TGIF tomorrow!

- Pandabear

No comments:

Post a Comment