Thursday, July 26, 2012

Icon Pursuit Gloves...??

Hey friends,

I'm a little bit agitated about one piece of gear I own.  My Icon pursuit gloves..
For $65 US, I expected a better quality glove.  I know that yes, gloves do receive more wear and tear than the rest of the gear, but I don't believe ANY decent gloves should wear out in just 3 months, 2000 miles.
Here's what happened:

Velcro is ripping right out of the glove.  Also, not shown, some of the stitching inside the glove is also coming undone.  These are the gloves I crashed in, but they did NOT touch the ground.  I also thought these gloves were going to be thicker, like they were depicted in pictures, but they were much thinner when I saw them in person.  All I can say is that I'm a bit disappointed.  I wish I spent a little more and got RS Taichi gloves, or some Alpinestars gloves.

Sad times..

- Pandabear.

UPDATE: Still no luck.  People I purchased the gloves from won't help.  They told me it is "overused."  Let's see what Icon says.  If they refuse to help too, looks like it's a company that won't stand by it's product.  Typical these days.  Will buy RS Taichi gloves when I have the money...

UPDATE #2: Two months went by but finally got everything sorted out.  The people at ICON are very helpful, and they ended up sending me brand new gloves!  Very happy how it turned out.
Upon reflection, the glove is pretty good otherwise.  Maybe getting them wet was a factor to the weak stitching?  The leather itself was holding up very well!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, a little bit late, but can I ask does it have "made in china" on the box when the gloves come to you. Since I'm buying one for myself, but the shop in my country says it only 30$, compared to 75$ that is listed on the web, so I just confused if it's a Chinese made

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm that's a good question! I want to say yes, as I'm about 85% sure they are, but I haven't seen the packaging in a long time. I no longer have these gloves and I gave the new replacement away to a friend. I would be hesitant to buy a cheaper version as stitching or materials may be poor. Make sure you buy from an authorized distributor of ICON gear and you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete