Saturday, July 14, 2012

Another quick tip!

Hey friends,

I decided that it was a good time to go out and buy a tire pressure gauge and check my tires.  I just bought a cheap one with the slide out bars and tested my front and rear tire.  The front showed about 22 PSI and the rear 27 PSI.  I said to myself WOW that is really really low...dangerously low.  So I then thought maybe the gauge was off!  So I walked over to my car and checked the tires and they were 35 PSI, which is to what I had inflated them.
I decided it would be a good idea to go over and fill gas (53 MPG) and see if they had an air pump, which fortunately they did!  I verified on their gauge that my tires were horrendously low pressured, and that the cheap gauge I bought was accurate enough.  I then filled the tires to the recommended 28PSI front and 32 PSI rear.  Backing out I slipped on some wet surface and nearly laid my bike over!!  I somehow managed to stop it and lift it back up but phew I was very close.
Anyways, on the ride home the bike felt COMPLETELY different.  It was so much smoother, more easy to maneuver, and much more responsive.  So that brings us to the lesson folks, ALWAYS CHECK YOUR TIRE PRESSURE!!  Check it every week or two!!  It's very very important!

- Pandabear

No comments:

Post a Comment