Monday, June 10, 2013

Belated Anniversary!

Hey Friends,

I thought I'd do a short post here.  A few weeks ago I rounded off my first year of riding!  I have successfully (a relative term I suppose lol!) clocked over 12,000 miles in that wonderful first year.  It has been a great mix of twisties, day to day travel, enormous superslab mileage, and regular 6-12 hour jaunts in the saddle.

I can safely say this is the best thing I have ever done in life.  Yes, perhaps riskiest (recall my crash on the 250!), but also the most rewarding.  I have made so many new friends, explored so many new places, and seen things which I would have otherwise missed. I have gotten my previous dream bike (still have my eye on you, Mr. S1000RR!).  I have ridden well over a thousand miles in a weekend. There is nothing like it!

On a more somber note, but equally important to keep my head grounded, I have dealt with the effects of losing fellow riders. Fellow Ninjette members.  And friends being injured.  It is a grave reminder of the perils of the sport.  A personal reminder that while I have fun, I must also be wary, and ATGATT (and using my brain 110% of the time) IS MANDATORY.

What the future holds, I am not sure.  I know I'd like to start riding track soon, so once my personal matters settle down a bit, you'll see a track video!  I'd also like to do a cross country trip with a good friend - yes, on a supersport!  All I know right now is that I can't give this up.  I can safely say it is 100% worth the risk.  This is living, at it's finest.


Your friend,

Pandabear

No comments:

Post a Comment