Tuesday, June 4, 2013

TOE SLIDE!

Hey Friends,

As I just posted a review of my Sidi boots, I put one of their toe sliders into action!  Coming around my favorite bend on the way back from work, I went into the 90 degree bend a bit faster than usual, 45 instead of 35-40.  I hung off, knee out, balls of feet on pegs, and as I was leaned wayyy over I heard the plastic scraping on the ground.

When I straightened up, I was in shock, did I just scrape my toe!?  In the moment that made me induce a very small wobble, but managed to stay calm and keep the bike leaned over and on my line.  When I got back home, I checked my boot and sure enough, it was ground down a bit on the outside edge.  I don't know if that is epic, or a bad thing, but it was definitely a first.  All in all, I think I handled it well!

Any stories from you guys on scraping things...pegs, toe sliders, knees...elbows!!?

- Pandabear

No comments:

Post a Comment