Saturday, June 15, 2013

Bridgestone BT-016 Pro

Hey Friends,

I have reverted back to the few days of excess caution, making turns like an extreme newbie! I just got a new rear tire put on.  I elected to stay with Bridgestone tires for now because they are rather cheap, and for my typical riding, they perform very well.  I had only one little slide in the 5,000 miles the rear tire lasted, and it was barely an issue.  I could have squeezed out maybe another 400-500 miles as I had enough tread yet and a hair over the wear bars, but I figured I should just play it safe seeing how much it has been raining lately.

I was going to say I got the OEM tire, however, I learned that while the OEM tire is the Bridgestone BT-016, what I actually ordered from Revzilla was the BT-016 PRO.  Apparently it's the newer version, with better grip and longer life (20% on average??).  So I guess I should be able to get 6,000 miles out of this rear tire hopefully!  More riding for less $$$!

I do have to break it in though, so the next 90 some miles will be cautious ones.  Once I get about 100 on there, it'll be back to having fun!

Oh and, I am finally making headway on the Chicago video.  Upon reviewing the raw footage I'm sad to say a good chunk is missing.  I'd forgotten that my battery died along the way, ugh!  I am about half way finished, so I will try to get it done early this week.  Stay tuned.

Enjoy your weekend everyone,

Pandabear

No comments:

Post a Comment